Sweet Home (Korean: 스위트홈; RR: Seuwiteuhom) is an South Korean apocalyptic horror streaming television series starring Song Kang, Lee Jin-wook, Lee Si-young and Lee Do-hyun.Based on the Naver webtoon of the same name by Kim Carnby and Hwang ...
- December 18, 2020
- External Links
Move to Heaven is inspired by the essay "Things Left Behind" by Kim Sae-byul, a former "trauma cleaner". Geu-ru (Tang Joon-sang), who has Asperger syndrome, and his ex-convict uncle Sang-gu (Lee Je-hoon) meet for the first time after the sudden death of Geu-ru's father. Entrusted as Geu-ru's guardian, Sang-gu joins his nephew to help run the family trauma cleaning company"Move to Heaven", where in the course of business they uncover untold stories about the deceased while Sang-gu tries to deal with his painful past with Geu-ru's father as well as the traumatic incident that landed him in jail.
1. Lee Je-hoon as Cho Sang-gu,an ex-convict and Geu-ru's estranged uncle who becomes his guardian upon release from jail. He is blunt, smokes cigarettes, and moonlights as an underground MMA fighter. He was sent to jail after putting his protégé Su-cheol into a coma during a fight. Despite his background, he is still entrusted to take care of Geu-ru after his release, and is instructed stay and work with Geu-ru for a three-month probationary period. Although he initially does so for financial...
1. Ji Jin-hee as Han Jeong-woo, Geu-ru's father and Sang-gu's older half-brother, who shares the same mother with him. He was the founder and owner of Move to Heaven before his sudden death from cardiac arrest. Previously a firefighter in Busan, he rescued an abandoned infant, whom he and his wife later adopted and named Geu-ru. After her passing, he taught Geu-ru everything about life and his job as a trauma cleaner, but kept his heart condition secret from him. He also treated Sang-gu like...
1. Shin Soo-oh as Kim Yong-woo,a murder suspect. (episode 4) 2. Yoon Ji-hyeas Lee Ju-yeong, a public prosecutor. (episode 4, 10) 3. Kwon Soo-hyun as Soo-hyun,a doctor. (episode 5) 4. Lee Ki-youngas Soo-hyun's father, a decorated military officer. (episode 5) 5. Jung Dong-hwanas Kim In-su, an elderly man who commits suicide alongside his wife. (episode 6) 6. Yoon Joo-sangas Chairman No (episode 6) 7. Yoo Sunas Kang Eun-jeong, a newscaster. When she was a teenager, her parents fostered Korean c...
In September 2019, it was reported that Kim Sung-ho would direct a series for Netflix, the story of which is inspired by an essay "Things Left Behind" by Kim Sae-byul, a former "trauma cleaner".
On 17 December 2019, Netflix confirmed the lead casting of Lee Je-hoon and Tang Jun-sang for the series. On June 3, 2020, Netflix confirmed that Ji Jin-hee, Lee Jae-wookand Hong Seung-hee are to join the cast of the series.
As the infection due to COVID-19 pandemic was reported, the production of Move to Heaven, along with other Netflix original dramas, was stopped in late August 2020. On February 25, 2021 Netflix announced its future plans and time line for forthcoming projects including Move to Heaven.On February 25, 2021, new stills from the TV series were released.
The series was released on Netflix on May 14, 2021. All 10 episodes, each with running time of around 45 to 60 minutes, are available for streaming. It became 11th South Korean Netflix original series released on Netflix.
Greg Wheeler of The Review Geek, rating the series 9 out of 10, opined that the series is a beautiful message conveyed through unique characters. Wheeler praised the performance of Tang Jun-sang, writing "Tang Joon-Sang’s acting is nothing short of extraordinary..." He also praised the soundtrack and wrote that it was "absolutely on-point." In summary he said, "With excellent acting, tightly written chapters and a careful, respectful and empowering view on death, Move to Heaven is a cleverly written and unique Korean drama", and concluded by saying that the show was an "...absolute must-watch this year. Just be sure to have a pack of tissues ready to catch those tears!". Rhian Daly of NMEalso praised the series, awarding it 5 out of 5 stars and called it a contender for one of 2021's best shows.Move to Heaven on NetflixMove to Heaven at IMDbMove to Heaven at HanCinemaMove to Heaven at Daum (in Korean)
My Strange Hero (Korean: 복수가 돌아왔다; RR: Boksu-ga Dorawatda; lit. Bok-soo's Back) is a South Korean television series starring Yoo Seung-ho, Jo Bo-ah and Kwak Dong-yeon.It aired on SBS's Mondays and Tuesdays at 22:00 from December ...
- External Links
Set in South Korea's fictional Silicon Valley called Sandbox, Start-Up tells the story of people in the world of startup companies. Seo Dal-mi (Bae Suzy) is a bright and ambitious young woman who dreams of becoming Korea's Steve Jobs. Dal-mi doesn't have a fancy background but she's passionate about her work. She has bright energy and is a person of great vitality, having experience in a wide range of part-time jobs. Nam Do-san (Nam Joo-hyuk), is the founder of Samsan Tech. A ‘math genius’ as a young boy, Do-san was once the pride of his family but became their shame now, as his business has been going down for the past two years. He finds out that Dal-mi mistakenly remembers him as her first love, so he decides to work his way up in hopes of turning that misunderstanding into reality.
1. Bae Suzy as Seo Dal-mi 1.1. Heo Jung-eunas young Seo Dal-mi 1. She dreams of becoming Korea's Steve Jobs. She was born to a humble family and does not own much. However, she's also an adventurer who has a grand plan for herself. Her drive also came from being abandoned by her mother and sister at a young age. She also has experience in a wide range of part-time jobsand is a person of great vitality. 1. Nam Joo-hyuk as Nam Do-san 1.1. Kim Kang-hoonas young Nam Do-san 1. Do-san is the founde...
Nam Do-san's family
1. Kim Hee-jungas Park Geum-jung, Do-san's mother 2. Kim Won-haeas Nam Sung-hwan, Nam Do-san's father 3. Jang Se-hyun as Nam Chun-ho, Nam Do-san's cousin
SH Venture Capital
1. Seo Yi-sook as Yoon Seon-hak, the CEO of Sandbox and SH Venture Capital. 2. Kim Min-seok as Park Dong-cheon, the assistant or secretary of Ji-pyeong and mentoring manager of Sandbox's 12th batch.
Start-Up was included on the Forbes' list of "The 13 Best Korean Dramas Of 2020"; Joan MacDonald writing for Forbes said that "[t]he story of how the start-up gets started is interesting. Each of the actors—from the leads to the supporting cast— is imperfectly endearing and Kim [Seon-ho] wins this year's unofficial prize for being the most appealing second lead." The South China Morning Post ranked it #10 on its list of "The top 10 K-dramas of 2020". Kim Jae-ha of Teen Vogue including it on t...
The series logged 4.5% in viewership rating for its first episode.
Innocent Defendant (Korean: 피고인; Hanja: 被告人; RR: Pigoin; lit. Defendant) is a South Korean television series starring Ji Sung with Um Ki-joon, Kwon Yu-ri, Oh Chang-seok and Uhm Hyun-kyung. It aired on SBS from January 23 to March 21, ...
- Park Se-joon
- January 23 –, March 21, 2017
- SBS TV
Sixth Sense (Korean: 식스센스) is a South Korean television program that aired on tvN, every Thursday at 20:40 (KST) starting from September 3 to October 29, 2020. Season 2 airs on Fridays at 20:40 (KST) beginning June 25, 2021 and consist of ...
The Penthouse: War in Life (Korean: 펜트하우스; RR: Penteuhauseu; lit. Penthouse) is a South Korean television series starring Lee Ji-ah, Kim So-yeon, Eugene, Um Ki-joon, Yoon Jong-hoon, and Park Eun-seok. The series, directed by Joo Dong-min ...
- October 26, 2020 –, September 10, 2021
- SBS TV
- Original Soundtrack
- External Links
After her dreams of debuting as an idol are dashed due to a tragic incident involving the former member of her group at her entertainment company, Lee Ma-ha (Jung Ji-so) supports herself by impersonating the solo singer La Ri-ma (Park Ji-yeon) at cheap events. She and the members of Omega III are given a second chance at stardom when Ji Hak (Danny Ahn), the former manager of the famed boy group Shax, recruits them to rebrand as his new girl group, Tea Party. Ma-ha suddenly finds herself thrust into the spotlight, using her La Ri-ma impressionto gain Tea Party attention from the public—both positive and negative. Ma-ha repeatedly encounters Kwon Ryok (Lee Jun-young), Shax's most popular member, at various idol events. Despite his successful career, Ryok is still haunted by the disappearance of group member Lee Eun-jo (Kang Chan-hee) during a concert three years prior. While initially annoyed by Ma-ha, he develops feelings for her and they start a secret relationship that puts their c...
1. Jung Ji-soas Lee Ma-ha 1. The center of the new girl group Tea Party, who is best known for her impersonation of the solo artist La Ri-ma. Originally a trainee at Music Holic, she was persuaded to join Omega Entertainment after a member of their upcoming girl group suddenly dropped out. However, the group's debut was cancelled and Ma-ha spent three years doing odd jobs to support herself before getting her second chance with Tea Party. She is determined to succeed no matter what, even when...
In October 2020, it was announced that the popular webtoon by Park Kyung-ran Imitation would be made into a television series with Jung Ji-so, Lee Jun-young, Park Ji-yeon, and Jeong Yun-ho in lead roles. Imitation marks director Han Hyun-hee and screenwriters Choi Sun-young and Kim Min-jung's second collaboration after Rookie Historian Goo Hae-ryung (2019). In March 2021, it was announced that Imitation would be moving its first air date up from late May to the beginning of the month, in order to fill the empty time-slot left by the indefinite postponement of the drama Dear. M.
The following is the track list of singles from Imitation: Original Soundtrack. Malo (Imitation X Shax) Call Me (8282119) (Imitation X Omega III) No Answer (Imitation X La Lima) Show Me (Imitation X Tea Party) Diamond (Imitation X Sparkling) If We Were (Imitation X Maha)
With 0.8% ratings, Imitation recorded lowest ratings for KBS2's drama, tied with 2020 drama Welcome, and second lowest overall for free TV behind MBC's Dae Jang Geum Is Watching with 0.7% in 2018. On the 6th episode Imitationrecorded 0.4% ratings, the lowest of all time.Imitation at Hidden Sequence (in Korean)Imitation at IMDbImitation at HanCinema
- International Broadcast
- External Links
Lee Hyun-wook (Rain) is the CEO of a talent agency that scouts and trains idols. Hyun-wook lives in great difficulty as he is unable to let go of his ex-girlfriend who died in an accident 3 years ago, which he witnessed first hand. His ex-girlfriend's sister, Yoon Se-na (Krystal), moves to Seoul in order to pursue her music-composing career and meets Hyun-wook who helps her achieve it. As Hyun-wook replaces his father (Park Yeong-gyu) as the president of ANA Entertainment, he faces challenges in his career. In the midst of healing each other through music, Hyun-wook and Se-na fall in love.
1. Jung Ji-hoon (Rain)as Lee Hyun-wook A successful singer, songwriter and producer. He appears cold and indifferent on the outside but is sensitive and kind-hearted. After So-eun's death, he left the music industry as he couldn't write songs any more. When he received a call from Se-na, he looks for her and eventually brought her into his company, ANA Entertainment. As he falls in love with Se-na, he is able to write songs again. 1. Krystal Jungas Yoon Se-na An aspiring singer and songwriter...
This drama is Director Park Hyung-ki and Writer Noh Ji-seol's third collaboration after Scent of a Woman and Dr. Champ. The first read-through was held in August 2014 at an SBS studio in Ilsan.A press conference was held on September 15, 2014.
The drama's online broadcasting rights have been sold to Youku Tudou, at a record price of US$200,000 per episode, making it the most expensive Korean drama ever to be sold in China at the time. The record was previously held by Fated to Love You, which had a price of US$120,000 per episode. As of October 2014, the drama has topped 100 million views on both Youku and Tudou websites. This record was later surpassed by Pinocchioat US$280,000 per episode.
It aired in the Philippines on ABS-CBN starting April 27 to June 12, 2015 with re-runs on Jeepney TVstarting June 26, 2017.
It aired in Indonesia on RCTIin May 2015.